British Senior Life Insurance. Broker help & Quotes
Need British Senior Life Insurance?
Why may you need British Senior Life Insurance…
- Help toward Final Expenses costs
- Insure against possible Uk Inheritance Tax IHT liabilities
- Senior Life insurance to always payout whenever that maybe
- Continuous No Future Health Issues whole life expectancy
- Or a Life Insurance to age 90 as ‘bills back up plan’ instead
3 Main Types | ‘Senior Life Insurance’ Reviews
- Whole of life assurance (YES > Medical & lifestyle evidence)
- Term life OAP insurance to age 90 (YES > Medical & lifestyle evidence)
- Senior over 50 life insurance (NO > Medical or lifestyle evidence)
CONCLUSION: Please read about 3 Best Seniors Life Insurance options below
British Seniors Life Insurance Quotes
British Senior Life Insurance
Whole Life OAP Insurance | Medical evidence
General Key Features
- Policy is ‘underwritten’ so Uk Insurers do ask medical & lifestyle questions before offering cover
- Whole senior life insurance means you are covered even if you live until 195
- Terminal Illness is often included for free on whole life assurance plans
- It means you sadly have less than 12 months to live, so pays out earlier ‘death claim’ in advance
- Could involve GP reports and medical tests before agreeing underwritten insurance terms
- Deals usually available for those who have no real serious health or lifestyle issues
- Age at entry available into your 80’s for oap insurance dependant on Insurers
- Even if you do have some medical issues Insurers may still try to offer a policy
- Immediate cover with no initial exclusion period before a whole of life insurance claim
- Best oap life insurance company uk limited suicide exclusion clauses may initially apply
- Own life, dual life or joint life policies upon death or terminal illness
- Plan options for fixed or reviewable premiums and must be paid for rest of life ie; until a claim
CONCLUSION: Best Life Insurance British Seniors | IF fit & healthy
OAP Life Insurance Term Cover | Medical evidence
General Key Features
- Term Seniors Life Insurance is ‘underwritten’ cover but only for a fixed period ie; max available upto age 90
- Unlike whole life insurance you may live out that term period leaving no lifecover after
- Terminal Illness is also included for free on senior life insurance term plans
- May have much more affordable costs than whole life assurance as plan runs a defined term
- Age at entry available for seniors life insurance uk is dependant on Insurers
- Once underwritten, this lifecover has no initial exclusion period before claim
- Suicide exclusion clauses apply
- Premiums usually fixed and have to be paid for life of the policy term with no cash value
- Plans can be level, decreasing, increasing
- Lump Sums or Family Income Benefits options upon death or terminal illness
- Options of own life or joint life policies
- OAP Life Insurance upto age 90 as a ‘bills back up plan’ alternative
CONCLUSION: Best OAP Life Insurance for the Seniors | IF No cover need after age 90
British Seniors Insurance Agency Compare Seniors Insurance.
Senior Life Insurance | No Medical
No Medical | General Key Features
- 1 or 2 years exclusion period before any natural causes death claims
- Sold as Over 50’s plans or branded Seniors British Life Insurance
- There are usually no medical & lifestyle questions to qualify
- Smoker or vaper status is asked and affects pricing
- Accidental death claims only during this initial exclusion period
- Refund of premiums only if you die of natural causes during this exclusion period
- Insurers may stop taking premiums from age 90/95 but maintain your lifecover
- Senior Citizen Life Insurance that is whole of life meaning indefinate cover
No Medical | General Key Features
- Age at entry usually Over 50 – 85 dependant on Insurers
- Mostly single life basis only on reviews on life insurance for seniors
- Providers may limit premiums per plan or a total amount of Lifecover per person
- Fixed premiums usually with no investment cash in values
- Lower OAP life insurance levels offered versus other Over 50’s plans
- Compared and bought sometimes just for their free gifts
- Can often pay in more to the policy than the life cover amount paid
- Many use Over 50’s plans toward their Funeral funding rather than family life cover
- Funeral benefit option may top up £250 | £300 for Funeral directors eg; Dignity or COOP
CONCLUSION: Best British Seniors Over 50 Life Insurance | IF in poorer health
british seniors life insurance reviews
Seniors Life Insurance & Covid 19
- You are covered is the answer re Coronavirus / Covid 19 for most Insurers
- ‘No medical’ plans usually have initial 1 or 2 years exclusion period anyway before death claims
- Check each Insurers process waiting periods on plans taken out re Covid 19
- Underwritten plans will ask specific Coronavirus related questions to proceed
- Any Covid 19 complications or NHS Vaccine issues the Insurers may stay payout
- Valid as long as you honestly answered the Insurers questions at the time of initial application
- The policy must not have lapsed & the premiums must be up to date
Life Insurance British Seniors summary
- Medically underwritten senior life cover may usually offer much better value
- Whole lifecover if it has to payout whenever & Term Lifecover upto 90 if not
- No medical senior lifecover plans are useful if you have serious health issues
- Like all OAP Life Insurance, if you start to miss any premiums your cover may lapse
- Rising Funeral costs inflation may effect level life cover plan payouts
- Check if the life policy can be put into trust to help avoid probate delays
- Gender Neutral rates on british seniors life insurance for male or female
- Often similar Over 50’s lifecover seen advertised on TV and endorsed by personalities
- Don’t be persuaded to buy a plan just because you get a free pen or gift voucher
- Martin Lewis is not a big fan of Over 50’s | Over 60’s no medical style schemes.
CONCLUSION: Looking for British Senior Life Insurance? Please Contact Us
‘British Senior Life Insurance’ | FAQ Broker Questions
In terms of changing your Life Insurance policy, often you can request some of the following:
- reduce or perhaps extend the period of cover
- decrease or increase the amount of lifecover
- remove indexation option or any specific paid for policy features
- change the collection date of your usual premiums
- take off a life assured from a joint policy eg; if a couple seperate
Any ‘life insurance for senior citizens’ policy changes could be subject to new medical underwriting based on your circumstances at the time & may well affect your premiums. We suggest you seek professional advice before taking any course of action.
Should I put my Seniors Life Insurance policy into Trust?
When any senior life insurance policy isn’t written into trust, it will be paid to the executors of the deceased’s estate. They will handle the administration, known as probate in N Ireland, England, Wales and confirmation in Scotland. If not, the benefits will fall into your estate if you died prematurely. If you have not made a will, this can then cause further complications with the life insurance monies.
Until probate is fully granted, no monies can be paid out to those named in the will. On average, this can take upto 6 months. By not placing the plan into trust may also swell up the total estate values, leading to potentially Inheritance Tax IHT issues. So when doing any senior life insurance quotes online or considering any ‘british seniors life insurance reviews’, please bear this in mind.
So placing a policy in trust can help to ensure that the policy proceeds go to the correct beneficiaries you decide to nominate at that stage. It can also help avoid possible probate delays & IHT costs. Ask the Insurers to kindly provide their available standard trust form wordings & seek legal advice if unsure.
Importance of Disclosure & Claims?
All Insurers are in business to protect, insure & payout. Insurance cover is therefore based on your full disclosure at the time you took the original seniors life insurance policy out ie; being 100% as honest & accurate as possible. It is not always easy to remember all your historic health details when applying. The Consumer Insurance Act 2013 says you must not be acting careless, deliberate or reckless when applying.
If it is a no medical british seniors life insurance policy, then usually the only health questions may relate to smoking status. For other plan types then full health disclosure is necessary eg; You don’t advise them you have raised cholesterol or blood pressure (as you take tablets & if all is not okay) may void any future claims.
Should you make a claim, your Insurers will send you a claim form for you to complete. Once received back, they will usually contact your GP to confirm any health details. They will then assess if your insurance claim is valid and cross check if you originally disclosed all the correct details. If you look at most Brit Senior Insurance providers recent claims payout, you will see that it maybe good but often not 100%.
What if my health lifestyle changes after I had taken the Seniors Life policy out?
Any health or lifestyle changes since the application eg; heart conditions, usually does not void your existing senior life insurance policy, if it wasn’t relevant at that time of initial application. It maybe the Insurers request GP reports when you originally apply, to check any health details disclosed. Likewise they may not.
Take care to doubly re-check on your application what you initially disclosed to the Insurers, as this information then stands now and in the future. For example, you gave up smoking for a year before the policy but started again afterwards. Please check your original T&C’s.